Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wednesday 70 degrees time for spa bath

With both horses not able to be ridden or even played with on the ground, what to do with gorgeous 70 degree weather in January? FULL SPA treatment for Try plus treats, friendly and 30 minutes or so grazing up and down the drive with buddies Dawn and Hilton. Try was very happy and is enjoying all of our dwell time this week, carrots and apples. Life is good!!

I appreciate Linda Balot coming out this am and checking everything she could on Keystone. No heart or respiratory problems, no internal blockage that she could find, blood work to be back Thursday at lunch time. Could possibly be arthritic spine in hind end. Possible treatment plan would be daily low dose of a pain killer to keep him comfortable. Possibly he will feel better in the spring??

My issue will be--being sure I am safe riding Keystone--how will I know when it is time for him NOT to carry a rider?

Excited about possibilities in lesson time tomorrow with Dan Thompson at Wendy Batten's farm with ?? who knows which horse(s)??

No comments:

Post a Comment