Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shoulders

Lesson with Kathy

I asked Kathy for help with changing leg cue habits of 

1. lifting heel back to cue
2. pushing with the leg when a lighter cue is more appropriate

I asked for help and clarification in replacing them with weighting the stirrup.

Kathy helped me break this down. We started with a smallish figure 8 at a walk. Half halt from my abs to cue something is coming, focus, weight the stirrup. Before long we were doing a bigger figure 8 and circles at a trot. This is the easier direction for me as I use the same leg to bend on the circle as stirrup I am weighting.

Drifting diagonally off a straight line or the rail--weight the stirrup in the direction I am going and shape or push with the other leg.

Next we took this to 1/2 circles on and off the rail. It took awhile for ME to get this--not Try as I was thinking of a different shape. What finally worked really well was for me to cue by turning my shoulders which automatically weights the stirrup.

(__

_)

(__

_)

No comments:

Post a Comment