Sunday, March 31, 2013

Calm, connected and partly commited

My goal for the day was to see if I could get the good rhythm, HQ engagement and coming up through topline that I got in the last lesson with Kathy. We did this.

However, for next time I need to consider how commited and responsive Try is AND in my joy at playing music and moving to it that I don't play AT Try rather than WITH Try.

What we did: On the ground liberty Try offered sideways away and we sidepassed the barrels in an L shape. Then we proceeded at liberty to groom and tack up.

We played with syncing at walk, sitting trot and posting trot but Try was really attracted to the gate--I think we need to ride elsewhere part of the time. I think she would like to leave that field some.

The rode out and asked for bending and expanding which was good and serpentine with expanded which got quite good and the aforementioned rhythm, tracking up, HQ engagement--twice.

What I didn't get as the weighting stirrups--I am unclear how to set this up for success to create a new habit for myself--everything happens too fast and I get confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment