Thursday, March 14, 2013

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

Monday


Day off for Try and I was tired also.
Keystone: really not doing well. groom, easy walk trot ride and laid back ride with Dawn and Hilton followed by full spa bath.

Tuesday

Rainy day

Wednesday

Try:

Warm up: calm. connected, responsive. I wimped out and accepted a fairly responsive and should have taken the time it takes for more responsive with more intensity and movement. 
Riding: Try was relaxed to begin so I reviewed my body position habits: turning out left foot, look ahead, thumbs, elbows, hands not too wide and quickly noticed how often I cue with outside leg pushing and by lifting my heel. Then lots of standing in the stirrups at the walk and double posting at the trot. Could I stand in the stirrups as well at the trot? BUT I don't think standing in the stirrups is such a great idea for Try's back! Then we played with walk trot and canter to music keeping all of my corrections in mind. 
It was a beautiful day and I really had FUN. Also when we finished and were walking back to her pasture, I was still dancing to the music and invited Try with facial expression and draw to participate and she matched my footfalls and energy!!! 
For next time: 1. TEACH: focus, weight stirrup 2. Positive work to form new habits a. Left foot parallel from the hip b. Focus ahead c. Thumbs hold reins with relaxed fingers d. Elbows at my side e. Hands close together--small tray

Keystone:


Fun day for Keystone. We went to the pedestal in the ring and played friendly for 15 minutes or so as he has gotten so anxious about mounting. He got treats when he would stand quietly and I could rub his back and love on him in the lovely warm sunshine. His hesitation could be druthers--left brain or fear related to pain--not sure which and want another person around before trying to mount again. Then we spent 15 minutes or so with circling game at the trot--he had a nice rhythm and did not seem stiff. We finished with rain rot treatment and a little massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment