Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Day

Adding to the no stick/string liberty list--

  1. Sticking together: walk/trot/halt/back
  2. Yoyo--responding to intention to cue send, stop, wait and bring back
  3. Sideways towards: I had to line up focused on zone 3 for it to happen
  4. Today: touch it, 20 feet from the pedestal, it took awhile for Try to figure it out, gave treat and then waited and she put one hind foot up and then on line walked across it.
Riding warmup for Kathy
Try and I rode all over the farm, out to the road etc as I wanted to work on myself syncing to her rhythm and she has been so clear about wanting to leave her pasture. Followed this with 15 minutes or more of dwell time.

Lesson with Kathy
1. Biggest ah ha learning: when Try gets fast she may be needing to rebalance herself and I want to learn to help her. It doesn't necessarily mean she is emotional and mad at me! I cried. Kathy says Try adores me.
2. Try is engaging her HQ much quicker from bend, expanding, HQ displacement. Ride out and get a good trot going, ask for laterals until she gives a bit of vertical and then ask for a bit of vertical.
3. Exercise for me to learn new habits: pick a pattern--cloverleaf, serpentine, circles, zigzags, etc and then use my 1/2 halt (fingers) and core to cue Try of a change in direction, turn, change of rein is coming, focus and weight the stirrup and then expand her out.
4. Dan and Kathy: let Try's motion cause my posting, I can post as fast as Try can trot. Sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment