Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Muddy i.e. Lacking Clarity

The good...

I have been experimenting with not using stick and string at liberty and seeing what happens:
1. We can do sticking together walk/trot/halt/back
2. We can yoyo with my selecting the distance and using intention/facial expression to cue
3. Try will sidepass to me if I am in zone 3 and ask for draw with body language.

Played with circling game changing gait, direction and traveling with a sense of fun and Try did not get emotional--stayed relaxed.

Then I took that to S Bend (online) and played with walk, trot and canter. First attempt at canter as I had to work out my coordination. It was a slow canter with simple lead change.

The less good...

Mounting block: Try drew to me from ?10 feet and lined up but took her time in doing so and I nagged tho I nagged with a sense of fun at least.

Rhythm basics: syncing with Try at the walk, sitting and posting trots: Try really didn't see the point in this. We should have been going some where.

Reviewed: turning from weighting the stirrup: 1/2 halt, staying square, lt contact, focus then weight stirrup and she had it. Did it twice and moved on.

I remembered to check turnout of left foot, cueing with legs in place and thumbs/elbows a couple times.

Left the pasture and walked up the road and back. Try would have preferred to just stop and graze which we did not do as I wanted to catch up with Dawn and Hilton.

Then Try and I headed into the arena to use jumps as a rail for offensive sidepass. We did get a few steps but it took awhile and it was messy.

KEY: treat in his pasture while he was lying down and again at the gait.

No comments:

Post a Comment