Nice weather and horses out today. Try and I spent an hour together before Kathy came--easy groom, liberty few warmup games, dwell, easy freestyle warmup, more dwell and then lesson.
1. Try was sluggish in the beginning and we went ahead and cantered at 2 point to gain some energy.
2. Then we did walk then 1/4 turn on both HQ and FQ and KEEP walking on both sides. A new pattern as we generally do them in place from a halt.
3. Then we repeated that at a trot as a turn on the HQ to lift the FQ.
4. We used partial displacement of the HQ to slow a choppy trot when going downhill especially.
5. We used cueing the outside shoulder: ??to steady her in her gait.
6. We used cueing with the outside leg for ?? more energy and to ??
7. Try and I stretched in the canter for the first time and it helped so much to find a nice rhythm.
8. I do not need to use the big exaggerated fluid rein to ask her to stretch.
9. When she begins to stretch in the canter, I can feed her just a big of rein to see if she will maintain self carriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment