Monday, July 22, 2013

Planning for Monday

My plan for today is to study my notes from Dan's lessons and come up with some really different things for Try and I to do today. Tomorrow I will likely play with bareback canter some more from the stand point of my position. BA said she would take a quick look. 

1. I have been playing with being on my balance point and completely relax my legs down especially my thighs as well as checking that I am opening my chest as Kathy has noted these issues.
2. BUT what body position from me does Try prefer? what body position brings relaxation for Try--really using her HQ rather than pounding on her front end. Actually, even on her own in the pasture she pounds with big energy on the front end--having the lessons with Kathy has helped a lot and I get intermittent ?15 strides or so that are nice and soft then something happens and we lose it. 
3. I have been studying Karen Rohlf's book this summer and concentrating so far on the relaxation and energy issues and perhaps should dig into balance as well as in--how can I help Try find the balance of HQ/FQ or how can I correct myself to avoid getting in Try's way?

No comments:

Post a Comment