Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday with Try

Connection: I thought this would be important and was not sure we would get to riding. Liberty--simple, responded quickly. Figure 8 did a couple times and reward a nice clean one at the walk. Then one nice one trotting the circles and drawing to me. Quit as the connection felt nice, she was relaxed and pretty responsive.

In the ring bareback: did not touch bridle for walk and jog laps--used carrot stick just a couple times. Worked on energy and gait transitions--Try gaining energy all the time. Then canter laps--about 1.3 miles worth--this was confusing as I had a plan and goals and it got thrown out the window to work on different stuff going on in my body position. Will see if I can clarify it for myself this week.

Steps 2 right, forward, left, forward: sorta.

1. HQ: even bareback I want to be able to ask Try to use HQ and not be falling on forehand.
2. If she does get heavy on forehand then remember to use circling.
3. I have learned: I am absolutely secure and can move away from being concerned to focus on other things while cantering in the bareback pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment