Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday - bareback canter video


Today I thought it would be good to video bareback canter as I have been working on myself from the stand point of fears as well as relaxing my thighs and not holding them on her for balance. When I got to the barn Katie was agreeable but the girls were leaving to swim at 10:30 so Try and I hurried up the grooming, 5-10 minutes in the back paddock and Try was really with me on connection--sticking together varying energy and circling at liberty so tacked up and off to the ring. Five minutes or so of walk and jog warmup--not enough--then canter--I was urging Try on as she wasn't really ready.

To progress
1. more energy--true canter
2. keep relaxing thighs--letting go
3. check upper body position
4. how close can I come to not using reins?
5. add patterns and other things to think about
6. music?

Then we went for 15-20 minute true passenger walk around the farm and out onto the road, checking out the tall corn and checking out Karen's house etc.--all places Try could see from her pasture but not approach close up like today. Finished with shower, graze out back, Try in bonding frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment