Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday

Devon: groom, easy ride working on following in the wtc, and watching my body when I ask for something to id tension. Canter--issues with Devon stopping if I just follow--something that would not be an issue with Try LOL Suggested--keep leg on--trick will be how much to keep from getting him emotional, checking myself for emotion/tension, and at the end if I need to walk after canter to settle to be sure to go back to trot rather than reward the emotion.

Try--treat and say Hi.

Visualizations based on yesterday's lesson:

1. I follow not push my horse at the walk/trot and canter. I made real strides with this today at the walk and trot!
2. I am IDing and reducing tense and stiffness in transitions. After I got going I was able to watch my body as I asked Devon for something--this is a good beginning.
3. I focus on my quads in posting as it stabilizes my body and releases tension. Yes I remembered this a number of times--especially in the no-stirrups posting trot as I began to get tired (2/3 mile).
4. I am creating an unconscious habit of visualizing with relaxation before I ask and continue the relaxation into the asking. I really want to take my time and make this happen--not so great today tho not totally neglected.
5. I am breathing. Didn't do much with this either
6. Connection with the bit: I am focusing on relaxation in transitions while maintaining the connection. NA
7. I am frequently Pleased--yes I let Devon know I was pleased often and I am using my Confidence image--I didn't really do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment