Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Friday

Update on this week:

I think Try is finally coming around with my not riding on loose reins and asking her to come up a bit thru her top line. Yesterday we walked on a casual rein til she blew then I took up the reins and asked--and by a few strides she was there with just a few reminders. Finally!!--I felt like I struggled with this all last year. No doubt having MH ride her a few times has gotten the idea across better than I was doing. LOL Anyway she seems pretty happy with MH and is licking and chewing a lot and fairly relaxed afterwards--so good so far. (I worry that Try is going to get negative--actually that is silly of me--of course she will and we will deal with it when it comes.)

Devon: I am seeing a real change in our relationship. The talk you had with me last week has really helped my approach--understanding that I wasn't using phases effectively, if at all and losing confidence made such a difference to my approach. Perhaps also he enjoyed our lesson last week as something different or having a good show was relaxing for him?? Who knows--anyway he has dropped several of the "testing me" games for the past two rides and we are both feeling more relaxed. Also I have no problem keeping him going at a pretty good pace--I am carrying the carrot stick and putting it down when he get anxious then getting it again if he feels like he might be losing energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment