Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Monday MH rode Try and I rode Devon

Try and MH:

I watched and Katie filmed for me--18 minutes filed under 2013 11 11
1. I noticed a good bit of head bobbing and Try does it quickly with a sharp energy.
2. Walk, then trot for rhythm and downward transitions.
3. Canter twice tracking left and once to the right--MH said Try seems sore and was beginning to pin her ears so did not pursue it further. Normal for horses (and humans LOL) to have some soreness.
4. Saw nice little rounding up, more consistent frame.
5. Nice relaxed trot with good energy although not tracking up as much as she can.
6. ??How to help Try to step deeper with her HQ in the walk.
7. At about 12 minutes--MH stops and talks to me--go back to video to see if can pick up sound (ear phones if necessary).

Devon and I:
I wasn't feeling well and the old tricks were back and tension--partly Devon was hyper aware because of pack of hunting dogs barking near the ring. WTC not breaking gait. Carrot stick used and put down used and put down as it would add to the tension. Next time see if the little black bat would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment