Friday, December 13, 2013

Discussion

  • Was thinking yesterday how I really like the Parelli system for how positive it is and that it makes me feel good. Also I love the way both my horse and I are learning/improving in the emotional fitness realm. (Especially as I am RBE LOL).

    Anyway have been thinking of this in terms of being positive about the weather/time of year and that it isn't necessary to always be super goal oriented with a plan etc--this time of year better to let some of that go. The past couple rides with both Try and Devon we have just played, listened to music etc and had a lovely time. I figure I can get back to stronger focus on learning/goals in January.
      • Lisa Roeder Graf Good thinking! The point is to have fun, so play and have fun!
      • Kit Stark Jordan great words of wisdom!
      • Lisa Roeder Graf I love riding to music, I took my iPod and player over to Wind Drift Sunday and had a good time riding T and playing with Q to music.
      • Elizabeth Pope I love riding to music with my dance background and have done this now and then for fun and Try is great about staying with the beat of the music. After Kelly Sigler's clinic last year I have worked some on finding music to help Try and I have a good rhythm and played with putting together walk, trot and canter playlists with music that has bpm (beats per minute) that will assist us in having a good rhythm.

      • More: I have to say that--given that I am investing my social security income in horsemanship learning and have the privilege and opportunity to study with Kathy and MH, that it is important to be as diligent a student as I know how (in keeping with Parelli principles). However a full out effort towards that goal I find is too much pressure with weather, holiday stuff. I want to be JOYFULLY pursuing horsemanship knowledge!!
    • That said I am looking forward to Dan Thompson coming next weekend--both for time for Try and I and to audit other sessions that look like they will be interesting and fun.
    1. You are allowed to ride "just for the love of it and your plan can be to commune with nature from the perspective on the back of your horse. Watch what your horse takes interest in. Is your horse enjoying the passenger game? Is your horse willing to be leader and take you to places you don't normally go? You can always ask a question to your horse of moving shoulders or haunches, move sideways and then back to passenger game. You do not have to "train" every time you ride. ENjoy your horse as the free spirit you both are.

      Like ·
      Coincidentally yesterday was a passenger (filling her bucket) day. We rode all over the farm, up the road, grazed, visited with other horses and listened music for an hour or so. Try is more than willing to lead and enjoys getting out of her pasture and exploring. Also finding better grass to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment