Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thursday and Friday

Thursday

Footing was a mess in ring and pastures not rideable so Try and I played with right side and HQ/FQ stuff in the ring and then rode up and down the road. Dwell/Passenger.

Friday

Windy, lesson with Kathy. Warmup with Devon did not go well. He spooked in the wind 3x coming in from the pasture so for warmup I walked and trotted and was fearful of the canter as large as he is and being unaccustomed to a horse affected by wind. (Try being so unaffected. However, Dawn rode Try and said she had more energy than usual but thought that was because she was distracted by Sarge as new horse in field by ring.)

The lesson was almost totally frustrating. Took forever to convince Devon that I wanted a good rhythm at the walk and a nice energetic trot. Worked on leg yields--rail side rein to prevent FQ escape to keep Devon straight and parallel to the rail. Turning my body in turns was the most effective to get a nice trot.

No comments:

Post a Comment