Monday
Try was in an extremely bad mood, angry, emotional. I had thought a pleasant no-work ride in the field and around the farm might be nice but she didn't so we played the circling game in the ring on line and she dropped that attitude pretty quickly then rode in the ring a little followed by nice shower. When I got home I was worried as I took some photos of her lying down in her stall and she looked unhappy, worried and sad:
Tuesday
Try was in a good mood, connected immediately. Good grooming--massage, scratching itchy places. Then rode in the ring because I thought she would enjoy being out with a couple other horses. Walk/trot/canter--she picked me up at the mounting block without hesitation or any need to fix her position. Then nice shower/treats, etc.
Later I became worried about whether there is anything wrong with her physically. I think that could explain the past couple weeks--she is 21 and I suspect there is a problem with her left hind leg and she does a funny dip with her hip/HQ riding, etc.
Also the change in moods has been so drastic from the time in July when she was off the negative chart and well up on the positive chart to an unconnected, angry, unwillingness about as bad as I have ever seen.
Also Devon is back from his two week horse show and BA and I gave him a nice grooming, clean-up and rain rot treatment.

No comments:
Post a Comment