Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday - Devon in the Field

Devon: 

quick groom then session playing with the topic of effective cueing to build respect and avoid nagging. Then did 2+2 laps of no stirrups posting trot for the first time. It actually wasn't difficult because Devon's trot was so big and nice and I could just follow him. Dawn commented she didn't even notice I didn't have stirrups and other comment--the no stirrups actually looked better than with stirrups for the second day in a row!

Then to the big field for the first ride trot and canter--watching for extra energy going toward the gate at the trot and using outside leg to prevent drifting toward the gate LOL. I am not confident yet and was wary not knowing how Devon would be with so much space. I do love the fact that it is so freeing to have such a long field--especially at the canter. My back was bothering me so the second direction I did in a half seat instead of on my balance point. Remember to follow the motion.

Finished with shower, rainrot shampoo, graze.

Try:
Dawn rode Try and she was in a cranky mood. Oh dear. I will ride Try next on Thursday and hope she is better.

For today--goals were to relax tension which I didn't address as much as I would like. Also to remember the visual image from the video of BA's ease, confidence and being above any tension/effort and I was able to play with this a good bit. Also I saw a too open arms on video and corrected it today in my riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment