Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tuesday with Sephira!

Today was the first attitude adjustment day in the round pen.

Sephira was lovely until I wanted to mount and kept moving as I tried various approaches. Finally enough is enough--went to round pen. Sufficient free lunge/changes of direction/not completely full out for her safety until she was ready to come to me/stick with me and follow me like a puppy. Went back to mounting and she stood still then took a step as I was mounting. Correction given then easy ride. She started out nervous both the step and walking--but we walked until she relaxed and then trotted a little. Then played with mounting several more times until we got it right.


  • I loved her trot
  • I felt successful in attitude adjustment
  • I felt successful in winning the mounting issue
  • I felt successful in reading her confidence level
  • I felt successful in helping her relax
  1. continue mounting block
  2. what's in it for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment