Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday we saw some improvement

Try

Sideways on the circle:


Thoughts I wanted to consider:
1. backup if needed--didn't really use this

2. phase 1--this looked good--life up and 4th go life down cued Try to stop

3. real phase 4--I tried this-1st go was one for nothing messy, 2nd go used sideways slap and she reacted. 3rd and 4th go straighter and 1/4 way around the circle. I think she may be beginning to figure out that HQ has to move faster than FQ

I was pleased to see improvement.

Riding: Rhythm and Vertical flexion
I did not videotape this--nice warmup of walk trot--getting rhythm at the trot with long rein/contact but not asking for flexion. Then walk/take break and go to trot with shorter reins, used bending and laterals and change of direction. Got pretty good one side, then better on the second side then good enough on the first side to keep it around the ring. The best part to me was my remembering what to do for sluggish trot and choppy emotional--the latter I only saw once. Then when inverted to avoid the bit/flexion I remained steady and she gave. We're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment