Friday, February 22, 2013

Thursday

Big Day

Try and I started the day with grooming hanging out and light preps for lesson with Kathy. I thoroughly enjoyed Try's company. In fact I have been enjoying being with her all week.

Lesson with Kathy: I asked for help in setting me up to improve trot rhythm when its just Try and I:


1Getting a good rhythm at the trot
General
I want a lovely swingy trot at a good tempo with emotional balance
Warmup on the ground—HQ/FQ, mental connection
Warmup in the saddle—tea for two etc brief
Film, assess 1-10 and go thru mental list of what to do
Slow sluggish trot
Not using HQ
Use long lines or canter
Use intensity to wake up
Outside leg to go forward
Move HQ with stck
Laterals and bending
Contact—especially outside rein and short enough rein to encourage HQ use
Fast, chopping trot
Inverted—not using HQ
Use shorter lines and circles
Relax myself especially as the trot improves
Contact especially outside rein, and outside rein to slow—little halts
Slow up in my body
Bending/HQ/laterals

After the lesson Dawn and Hilton joined Try and I and we went for a 40 minute trail ride through the woods and around the property. Try was lovely and relaxed and helped Hilton to relax.
Dawn planned to ride Keystone in the late afternoon session where BA would be showing Forrest to a prospective family.

No comments:

Post a Comment