Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday - Keystone and then Try at Cottonwood

I got to the barn early and groomed and did light hack with Keystone. He had a lot of energy and seemed to feel good--I forgot to take crop and only needed to bring my energy up at times to get a good speed. For the most part pretty nice rhythm but I would like to film this to see it.

Then Bethanna and I loaded up Try and Forrest and went to Cottonwood to ride in the indoor in preparation for BA possibly taking Forrest there on Thurday. (Folks coming from TN to look at him and if running late might need the lighting in the indoor.) Anyway, Forrest was nervous and took time to settle and Try was not RB at all but very curious and aware. We began on line and she was distracted, looking around and why not? Then we rode for some time walk/trot and played with phases in cueing, transitions and patterns as well as asking for some contact/flexion. Then canter which was difficult to sit deeply in the dressage saddle. We finished with walking through the big open jump course with lots of obstacles and Laura joined us. I was glad for Try to have the chance to go some place different.

No comments:

Post a Comment