Today I logged in my horsemanship hours at ParelliConnect and my total was over 1000!! That is in 1 years and 10 months. Lots of hours and amazing that I kept up with them.
So what has happened in 3 years:
1. Dan Thompson learning has truly changed the relationship I have with Try. We are connected and read each other. We match each other physically and emotionally. We have draw. We can do cool stuff at liberty just for fun. Remembering 1.5 hours of liberty with Dan in the big pasture.
2. I am more understanding and patient and can laugh at whatever--including Devon's little tricks he likes to play on humans. Try's emotional ups over having the stallion in residence is a fun new horsemanship challenge rather than a negative.
3. Game of contact course I audited 3 years ago: I can now ride with contact/a bit of vertical flexion/physical connection of energy. I see myself as being on the path to level 4 finesse.
4. I am no longer bound to progressing step by step in the Parelli program materials but applying the philosophy and picking and choosing the parts that serve our goals.
5. I can see myself in the future going back to the beginning on line with other horses to create relationship, then beginning with freestyle riding for responsibilities and foundation and adding to that foundation/relationship with liberty and finesse riding.
More--it has been 9-10 years of Parelli study
1. Passing level 4 was the goal but I have gradually been letting go of that in favor of seeking well rounded horsemanship. Try would not enjoy the pressure of passing L4--some tasks also would not be fun for her at age 22 with her conformation tho we could possibly have faked out way thru with less than perfect flying changes and getting jumps relaxed, filming and forgetting BUT this isn't truthful.
2. Tasks on line and liberty are now about fun and promoting emotional fitness and happiness.
3. Focus on finesse riding: not for level 4 but to round out my knowledge so I could take a horse through the whole process of learning.
4. Perhaps in January I could seek a new horse for beginning on line learning.
5. So this seems more balanced, truthful and in line with where I am now??
Drama at Rollover
1. There has been stress and drama at Rollover with new horses in and out and their emotions. Also horse emotions over male/female and general bonding issues. There are a lot of horses and stabling and pasture assignments have become tricky.
2. Because Try does not have a suitable pasture mate right now, she is getting shifted to less desirable pastures.
3. Soon there will be no place to ride other than the ring.
4. That said it is in MY best interest for all of this to work: having BA to find project horses to improve my riding, dressage lessons with Kathy and MH to really jump start the learning and Dan for the horse psychology is a totally incredible opportunity for me to improve my horsemanship in a well rounded manner.
5. I do want to establish a new identity so to speak of self-confidence and celebrate a unique knowledge. I want to discuss this.
No comments:
Post a Comment