I arrived early and groomed Try. MH rode and Try looked like a dressage horse. MH said she was really responsive to seat cues and that I had done a good job with her. Also that as she got going she was responding more and more--shorten and length canter, turns, helping her on her right side, etc. Also being in raging season she and Richmond were very aware of each other. I noticed Try cutting her eyes before she got the idea of connecting/contact then her eyes softened. After I saw a lack of self-confidence.
We then went to the back paddock and played various liberty games all on her right side: i.e. weave cones, touch it with a cone on the barrel and sideways across the barrel, sticking together/dwell/friendly and apple slices.
Showered her with warm water as it was cold, cooler and in her stall to dry off. Her winter coat is really coming in and takes a long time to dry. Looking forward to that blanket clip soon!!
Next got Devon in from his field--all three of those horses are friendly and nice to be with. With Devon we warmed up w/t then no-stirrups posting trot and I needed to walk between my two laps. Canter was better--broke gait once only and was more relaxed at the end and we did more laps than Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment