| Strengths/assets | Challenges | What I want |
| hugely care about horses happiness | lack of self confidence | establish some level of competence |
| hugely dedicated to learning | desire to lead and follow | be proud of accomplishment |
| history of learning | easier to follow a strong leader | need to put it to purpose |
| ballet learning to draw on that applies | get distracted easily | an area of expertise that has value |
| social work learning | can be lazy and moody | need to give back |
| RBE attuned unconciously | RBE attuned unconciously | to get better at reading horses |
| good at mentoring and supporting | feeling like a failure | to be a stronger more fit rider |
| really smart | taking the time to read the moment | improved cueing |
| social security income | training to level 1 dressage knowledge | |
| I have passed L3 Parelli and well thru L4+ | ||
| I have the physical strength for decent hack | get back on track with Devon | |
| I have learned a good bit about dressage | find fun slow stuff for Try | |
| able to help horses be more confident | filling Try's bucket | |
| able to help horses make small changes | watch BA and MH more | |
| able to help horses relax | Try: canter | |
| able to give a horse a L1-2 foundation | Try: physical connection/vertical flex | |
| self confidence | ||
| hard worker | rider tests | |
| ba keeps me tough | ||
| ba sees to my physical fitness and safety | ||
| ba finds opportunities for me | ||
| kathy dedicated to my learning | ||
| kathy supports me on many levels | ||
| kathy coaches on many levels - depth | ||
| dan helps me read horses | ||
| dan helps me see the big picture | ||
| mh is very clear and gives me visuals | ||
| competing isn't interesting to me | ||
| I don't need to be an instructor | ||
| trail riding isn't a goal | ||
| enjoy accomplishment & progress | ||
| enjoy others successes |
Monday, October 14, 2013
Life Among the Titans
Rollover is very different now and I am considering how I fit in to a barn full of professionals. I wish to maintain self-respect and confidence in the midst of all of this. In so doing here are some of my thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment