Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monday - MH rode Try

Catching game in the pasture, avoiding Richmond as MH rode him first, then MH rode Try. Today I noticed a different pattern--more head movement--MH said she was trying to rebalance herself. Also MH said when Try jigs at the walk to keep my legs on her--it is emotional--don't release--help her work through it. Also when going from left bend to right bend/circle, watch for Try dropping her right shoulder and help her stay square.


Later in the day I rode Devon:
Lovely catching game in the pasture twice today. Taking the bit in bridling still an issue. WTC Also did Intro A test before and after cantering. Canter went well--good energy and did not break gait except to poop which is permissible for him.

The test:
1. The first time was before cantering and I had problems getting a good trot.
2. The second time we had good energy in the trot but during the walk at the end he broke to a trot twice.
3. I learned: straightness was an issue down the center line and on the diagonals.
4. The circle at A we did not reach the first side marker--both times!
5. Pretty good at bending in the corners, and reaching the letters at the shoulder.

Conclusion: this was fun BUT better to work on the pieces than do a whole test--basically practicing things incorrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment