I am beside myself with excitement. Today MH rode Try walk/trot/canter and it looked just like I hoped it would. And I got to ride after and feel the difference.
Try started out flat and stiff behind and avoiding the contact. Before long she was licking and chewing and blowing. I did not see the shifty angry eyes or the help me/get me outa here eyes or the tail swishing. The walk got better then the trot was better as far as connection goes. MH pointed out how much stiffer Try is on the right side and tends to over bend inward to make circles smaller because of this. She needs my attention to softening and keeping her straight on the circle. Then the canter started a bit rough and got better and better. After both the trot and walk looked even more improved.
If I could get this much quality at this level on my own in a few months, I would consider it a huge, wonderful success.
Plan one lesson and one session MH rides Try to teach her. Happily Kathy is interested in working on my canter with Devon and rider tests so this should all work together well. I will need to think about filling Try's positives bucket and riding her full out/lengthened in the field for balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment