- I loved her trot
- I loved her canter
- She licked and chewed after HQ yield on the ground
- She was tense when I arrived and lovely and relaxed with me by the time we got to the ring.
- She likes to stretch which is cool as I love a horse to stretch.
- mounting block - friendly game
- soft feel--really soft -- how friendly can my hands be??
When I arrived horses were still out and acting pretty crazy--thunderstorm predicted for afternoon would have made for waaaaaaay too much time in their stalls so no turn in despite the heat.
When Sephira and I got to the ring I asked her to circle both ways and saw no sign of the silliness of the other horses. Then we played with B Me mirroring (Sephira was curious where Try was not) then using HQ yields to check out the cookie of 60 seconds of visualization with golden feeling and Sephira licked and chewed. However, she doesn't get the idea of phases in cueing!!
Riding: Our space was a bit limited to avoid the stallion but we walked and trotted on loose rein to warmup. Then in the dressage ring we played with getting the good walk--much better today--into a good trot. Trot was a little sticky at times but I was ok with carrot stick tapping my leg to energize her. We did circles and serpentines. Transitioning to a good walk and back to trot. Sometimes just taking a break at a walk. Then canter--upward transitions better and broke gait only once when I wasn't paying attention. Canter was fun and trot was glorious. Hung out after then shower etc.
BA compliment to us for taking our time to get to know each other and how much Sephira seems to like me because of my efforts to understand her.
No comments:
Post a Comment