- Continue to review shoulder in and haunches in.
- Play with the new improved canter (thanks to western saddle)
- Creating rhythm and relaxation in the trot
from last time and homework I remembered to consider:
- visualize uphill in asking for the canter and keep the visualization so as not to "drop" Try
- My position in the canter (feels like leaning back but is actually vertically aligned shoulders over hips) My tendency to be foreward--hunt seat.
- Extra time on getting a good step with the hind quarters--sit deep and relax
I have video and notes below--filmed with ipad instead of camera which entailed a whole new editing process. Some I may need to redo as I think there is blank footage included in the video. Also we did not set ipad up to tripod so video is shakier, etc but clarity and resolution is much improved over my regular camera which keeps cutting off. Also sh in combined clips and sound from one is running on top of sound from the other so even tho I see improvement I am getting rid of this video. Stuff to learn.
An interesting thing about this session was a small plane crop dusting low over the field across the street our entire session. I am thankful that Try is not spooky and that no horses were out in their pastures at the time. I think it would have been courteous of the land owner to let BA know in advance as riders could truly have been thrown.
1. Shoulder in and haunches in:
2. Canter: First canter I wasn't effective in letting Try know I wanted canter in the ask. Loss of energy...4 beating...my visualization and communication-- mind saying no and my seat saying yes-- causing confusion. Picture uphill. Second side Try knew it was coming and offered the canter before I was ready with my visualization. So it was messy and it took me a bit to find my seat. Kathy called it a happy accident...great that she offered and an opportunity to fix it. Third canter at end of session.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7rdPa0J5Y .53 seconds
Turn on the haunches for variety, weight on hq and free up shoulders?
3. Rhythm and relaxation in the trot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7_0swXJpc 3.23 minutes
Finding a good rhythm if the trot is "runny" I can slow my body, comb reins (I can bounce on her back). I kept missing that Kathy was saying to allow Try to stretch my combing the reins and giving her more rein. If its fast/runny/emotional--circle and get a good shape.
PICTURE a big relaxed swinging stride lengthening and reaching in her FQ. Having the video I could hear Kathy give the instruction--I tried it--visualized and on the video I did see just a bit of lengthening in front. WOW THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ability to visualize and ask for something new.
An interesting thing about this session was a small plane crop dusting low over the field across the street our entire session. I am thankful that Try is not spooky and that no horses were out in their pastures at the time. I think it would have been courteous of the land owner to let BA know in advance as riders could truly have been thrown.
1. Shoulder in and haunches in:
Shoulder in
We used circling to get a good bend/shape and to provide pattern
variety. Both Try, Sephira and I are circling with a nice bend from my seat
using inside and outside legs to stay "straight" on the circle. After
circling keep the shape in the shoulder in sometimes "ride her more
in."
Haunches in Outside leg goes back. No need to rebend. Shoulders more to the
track. Crossing more.
2. Canter: First canter I wasn't effective in letting Try know I wanted canter in the ask. Loss of energy...4 beating...my visualization and communication-- mind saying no and my seat saying yes-- causing confusion. Picture uphill. Second side Try knew it was coming and offered the canter before I was ready with my visualization. So it was messy and it took me a bit to find my seat. Kathy called it a happy accident...great that she offered and an opportunity to fix it. Third canter at end of session.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7rdPa0J5Y .53 seconds
Turn on the haunches for variety, weight on hq and free up shoulders?
3. Rhythm and relaxation in the trot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7_0swXJpc 3.23 minutes
Finding a good rhythm if the trot is "runny" I can slow my body, comb reins (I can bounce on her back). I kept missing that Kathy was saying to allow Try to stretch my combing the reins and giving her more rein. If its fast/runny/emotional--circle and get a good shape.
PICTURE a big relaxed swinging stride lengthening and reaching in her FQ. Having the video I could hear Kathy give the instruction--I tried it--visualized and on the video I did see just a bit of lengthening in front. WOW THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ability to visualize and ask for something new.


No comments:
Post a Comment