Try
Try is on "25%" "work" after chiropractic--so easy play day:Fun day today with Try--in paddock behind the barn--took the rope off and just played. We have TWO NEW GAMES including one to develop. The small pedestal is back in the paddock and Try does love to stand on it. So today we found a new way to play. We have played/copied Peggy Foisy's game she played with Champ--turn on the forehand with front legs on the pedestal. So today I asked Try to do turn on the forehand bringing the back legs to me (DRAW) rather than drive--where the HQ would yield away from me. We only got a couple steps but this could be super fun to develop. ALSO CIRCLING--I stood on the pedestal and she circled me at liberty trotting both directions about 8 feet from the pedestal. It has been ages since we did stuff like this and I realize I miss it. Great time/Try so great to be with!!
- I just had so much fun going moment to new moment improv yet staying with a game patiently until we found some progress.
- Try was in a happy mood and was enjoying herself.
- Try was offering lots of games
- We had plenty of dwell time
- She remembers games without reminders
- Eventually back to riding but not fully before Friday
- Continue to find new puzzles. i.e. turn on the forehand drawing the HQ rather than driving.
Sephira
Wow she really didn't want a conversation when I went to see her in her stall. Pinned her ears at me. I just hung out at the door for about 10 minutes until she changed her mind. Then loving grooming session. By then 11am there was still no one at the barn so I did not ride and I was so prepped to do so.
However I did shovel about 3 bushel baskets of poop out of the back play paddock and remove all my Parelli toys that BA and MH's kids had all over every where. GRR Lots of give and take in a boarding situation. When I finished the area was so much better and conducive to play. I will be glad when school starts and mornings become predictable with just BA, MH and I riding weekday mornings. Another week or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment