See Nickers blog.
Try: magic day
My plan was to play with the concept of distance. This was a read each other's mind, rosy glow, best friends day. I am not sure I remember what we did and it didn't matter. First she was across the ditch making friends with Nickers...thank you Try...Nickers needed that. Then Try came to me easily, stayed with me at liberty...I pointed across the ditch and she crossed. I followed and got ankle deep in the mud. We then took our time turning some easy on line circling into looser patterns adding in gait changes from syncing at about 20 feet. Tried stick to me increasing the distance and she didn't get the idea that we could play the game any way but close...when I would turn she would stay with me.
Everything felt so light and easy as we experimented and we both felt happy to be together. From my point of view the contrast between Nickers and Try in connection, understanding and corny as it sounds...love...was astounding. So one benefit to playing with another horse is to be able to see and appreciate what you have. I want to play with filming trot but not today with it raining off and on.
Today exceeded my expectations for what a relationship and working together could ever be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment