Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday - setting goals for April 1-7

How last weeks goals went:
We were very successful with distinguishing forward and back from seat cues and cleaning up sideways away and toward as we really have them.

I did not get to where is Try thinking and tapping the opposite side.
I did not stop to think much about learning/refining/reinforcing in cueing.
Also increasing liberty distance with longer ropes on line did not work out for various reasons.

Under consideration for next week:
From the dressage lesson from Kathy and comments from MH I am considering for next week:
1. quality of the trot rhythm--getting it and how long can we maintain it??
2. check circles for straightness--vs falling in or out
3. ask Kathy about how to cue 1/4 turns on haunches from intention LOL

Nickers is scheduled to come for a visit on Sunday in preparation
1. Research beginning with a new horse from Dan notes (Magic/Tango/Roscoe)
2. Begin studying on line and freestyle in savvy packs.

Also my fitness--getting back on track with pilates/riding dvd.

So for next week--I do not want to overwhelm myself with too much.

Horsemanship 8
Riding 7

talent 22
skill 20
try 24
luck 24

I. Cueing considerations:
Where is Try thinking and tapping cue.
Best friend mode.
Bridging.
Stopping to consider teach/refine/reinforce phases.

II Try riding 50% fun and 50% trotting rhythm and straight on the circle
III. Try distance on line/liberty
IV. Research at home for Nickers.
V. Fitness: pilates/riding dvd


No comments:

Post a Comment