II. Shortening the trot in my body
III. Uses of music for rhythm etc
I. Trotting forward and Stretching
- Trotting forward until it is Try's idea to stretch.
- On the long side of the ring trot forward
- (think uphill)
- on the buckle
- strong and balanced in my body--hold saddle if need be
- open and flowing in my hips
- If need be--tiny ask with reins to bridge Try's understanding that it is ok to stretch when she wants to stretch
- The minute she offers to stretch release with downward transition within the gait or to a walk.
- Be forward enough that Try will want to offer the stretch
- Snatching the reins and diving forward as an evasion
- Use sliding rein to maintain connection
- give breaks (heart rate and emotion)
- pepper it in
Videotape:
1. Try forward on the long side of the ring
2. Try stretching
3. Me combing the reins
4. Me sliding rein
5. Shortening the trot in my body
II. Shortening the trot
1. Methods that block the front end are not the way I want to go--cause tension and unhappiness for us both.
2. Linda: gather HQ and power--takes longer to get the results but I have all the time I need to take.
3. On the short side of the ring--do in my body what I want Try to do in hers. Shortening and coming up thru my torso. Using my seat and core and my energy coming together.
III. Using music
- Find music bpm and match to the desired trot
- Tempo remains constant with lengthened and shortened trot--ie stay with the beat of the music but change qualities of the movement.
- For fun play with matching the qualities of the music--stick to me game--vary the energies
- I can use music to bring out feelings I want in myself i.e. to get myself open to Try on a deeper level.
No comments:
Post a Comment