Sunday, April 13, 2014

Saturday - Joey Barley

Photos: Today was a shared lesson with Stefan and Sarafina.
More later when video is edited. But we did--
Walk with leg yield back to the rail--one step forward and one step over.
Trot lengthen and shorter and also trot to one step of walk--keep mentally posting and trot again.
Canter--head to rail to ask to engage HQ. Also played with "flying" change and emotional fitness.

This was not a good day and a step back for us in a number of ways. Try got really fired up, inverted, tail swishing--in raging season with cute geldings beside the ring etc. Too bad but we have so many great days--oh well. I still had a good time and actually I think most of the time Try did too--perhaps just too much unfocused energy at times. I think the exercises fired her up BUT I worry that I was overcueing her to get the exercises right--RELATIONSHIP first--NOT. I did ask for a chance to just stop and let Try chill and she did just that.




youtube video:

walk with leg yield: one step forward, one step over
trotting with one step of walk for timing

more trotting
canter departs
lengthening and shortening trotting

No comments:

Post a Comment