Friday, April 25, 2014

Thoughts about Sefira

Bethanna is now the owner of Sefira and she says I can have a free lease for as long as I want!!!
I am absolutely thrilled and filled with joy as she has the potential to be the perfect teacher for me of what I want to know now!!!

Sefira is the collection of attributes of spirituality in the Jewish faith.

1. I would like to know what her name is. LOL And any back ground--lineage, show history.
2. When I rode her she was responsive and her trot was fabulous. She is 16 hands which is a bit taller than ideal for me but ok.
3. I felt that she expected to be overcued with leg and reins.
4. She has a sweet face and I have not seen any lack of sweetness.
5.Video: Safira/Serafina
6. What I have been told--she had dressage background--upper level ie 4th level plus some Grand Prix but really burned out on that.
7. She and her owner just did not click and she sat in pasture for years.
8. Stefan as a beginning had trouble cueing her for canter and slowing her trot.

My thoughts on my approach:
1. I want her to trust me that I will do everything I can to give her a good life.
2. I need to be careful of being too sweet myself as then, if she is like other horses I have known, she will test me to see what is what. OR of course, I can deal with any negativity or opposition reflex when it comes as I have skills and I have resources!
3. I do want to explore how much of her dressage background comes back easily and she would consider fun and how much of it will bring back negative feelings. Also--a consideration--will most definitely be how much I am ready for at my level.
4. Parelli on line: most definitely I want to do this--but carefully and never overcueing--starting with friendly game and taking my time. Dwell time is a consideration and I will need to think about whether I want to spend dwell time with two huge friendly horses--Mimi being a baby. Or dwell time in other places--or go for grazing walks?
5. The purpose for Parelli on line will be connection and trust that can translate into the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment