Crazy day at the barn.
Safira
Brought Safira in from the pasture. Lovely manners on line. In the barn she got antsy and kept looking out at the ring. I groomed and was ready to tack up but a little voice said--no--get Bethanna. As Safira and I are just getting to know each other it is important to get things off on the right foot. BA came in from mowing and by then Safira had settled. The three of us started out to the ring and Safira wanted to walk ahead on line so made the corrections. In the ring she was a bit up and Bethanna helped me with some "lunging" principles because Safira doesn't yet know the circling game. i.e. moving to her neck to send and not getting ahead of her on the circle. I allowed Safira to just move her feet until she settled then played with changes of gait and she was great. Then played with yoyo game for safety and knowing we have a back up--she caught on quickly.
Next the three of us played with the concept of standing still at the mounting block as I do not want a horse who walks off before I am sitting in the saddle. Both BA and I mounted and sat several times and never had a problem. Building my confidence.
Then walk and trot transitions and changes of direction on a ?20 meter circle. Lovely, lovely trot and walk and responsiveness.
Try
Groomed and warmed up in preparation for a lesson with MH on how to get a lovely trot. Really liked the warm up--walk til she blows/passenger etc followed by Try offering an energetic walk into a nice forward trot. Then MH came out of the barn yelling that she broke her arm. Try and I ran to the barn. Then I ran to the field and got BA. Then MH and I spent 3.5 hours getting her seen at orthopedic practice--bad sprain not a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment