As I sit pondering starting the Savvy series on line it occurs to me why I don't want to do it (in addition to wading through material that is hugely repetitious for me tho necessary for those starting the Parelli program.)
What is the goal? What is important?
The goal is a happy, confident, engaged, interested Try who can be pleased with her life and, for me, the enjoyment of being with her and the satisfaction of us deepening the connection by using the learning of new stuff. The stuff could be anything and is not what is important.
Thus the true goal each day is to serve our mental (and physical) health and enjoyment. It is never about achieving progress as a Parelli student per se. Parelli levels/materials are secondary--stuff to do to further the relationship although they do further relationship better than other stuff ie dressage, hunt seat equitation, and western pleasure. i.e. learning lighter and lighter cueing is something that makes Try happy and satisfies my learning needs.
When Dan would come, he would always ask for my thoughts on the session and structure it to fulfill those needs. My perceived needs were about the relationship and some how never about Parelli task. That may have been the way I was thinking anyway or Dan may have led me to thinking that way over the 3.5 years. However, with psychology and social work backgrounds it is likely that I always think that way and enjoy determining what is happening as far as emotion/psychology with Try and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment