Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday beginning GM mode with energy ribbon with Try

First day back at the barn (raining) after the beach trip.

I had planned to ride Sephira but realized that Try could use the attention more and was desiring my attention while Sephira was busy in her run in shed eating hay.

In Try's field--I decided to take it one step at a time and only introduce the energy ribbon in GM mode. So got my GM smile going and matched Try's relaxation as best I could and decided to do it without any ropes/halter etc. Presented the dressage whip with ribbon wound around the whip. Try wasn't interested in sniffing it. Then rubbed her wither area and around her--she was mildly interested, relaxed and pleasant. Next unfurled the ribbon and began the circular GM energy in her wither area, checking to pause on the diagonal and found the place for that where the ribbon would drape nicely, then did a few circles on each side. Try seemed quite happy with that. Then the figure 8 around her head and that also appeared to be mildly interesting and pleasant to Try. I did not video. Next time when I have rested a bit from the trip I will progress to TM mode and to playing with Sephira.

For next time: when rubbing Try all over--look more carefully for any signs of discomfort--does she like being rubbed more some places than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment