Friday, September 19, 2014

Thursday - Kathy, Try and MMJ

Perfectly marvelous lesson with Kathy and Try. I have for about 4 lessons now made my relaxation a first priority and Try has been happy and offering all sorts of great stuff. Whoda thought Try would be happy in dressage study??

Self carriage in shoulder fore on the rail, really nice 1/4 turn on the haunches at the canter, good corners at the trot, etc. Kathy said Try is physically capable of doing 3rd level and has done 3rd level tasks/moves etc. This of course does NOT mean that we have our sights on any sort of competition nor ready to do a test. I did suggest at the beginning of the lesson that I thought it would be fun for Try and I to memorize the simplest possible test and do it for Kathy and have her judge it as a measure for me of where we are at.

In the afternoon Kathy and I were back at the barn for MMJ to come and help me with B Me with both Try and Sephira. More on this to come.

MMJ -- video transcript 55 min with Try, no footage with Sephira but teaching of concepts with Try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-NSR53tMP4&feature=youtu.be





Summary – MMJ visit

  • ·        Check Try lifts her head when I first lift the ribbon in GM
  • ·        No huge release without something big to come down from. What was Try’s something? Anticipation of big pressure with guest instructor/fear?
  • ·        Pressure: goal is to learn that it is ok, that she can successfully figure out answers and release that pressure and get her GM cookie
  • ·        GM: for me—keep repeating the GM energy ribbon and check my level of GM in my body until we find deeper and deeper relaxation
  • ·        Check my rhythm
  • ·        Can move to different spots checking for reaction and finding relaxation in the new spots. Look for the edge at which she reacts.
  • ·        Exhale to relax cue—watch this to be sure we are using it as a cue to allow and not to Make
  • ·        Take the time it takes—tolerating the ribbon is not the goal—melting into the ground is
  • ·        If she melts completely—grows roots into the ground—it is important to give her time to pleasantly transition out of it into doing something
  • ·        GM if she is tuning me out, I can use a little slice with the ribbon to bring her back. (Sephira) Do not overuse or it will lose its power. Also I do not want her to be a slave—momentary distractions are just fine.
  • ·        Tiger Mode TM—important that I am still in GM and that I am directing focus to ?6 inches away from stifle not directing TM at her!!
  • ·        TM asking for alignment and draw to me from intention first, TM with energy ribbon next, then my backing up causing rope to make contact last. We may not need ribbon or rope—for both Try and Sephira but check that their energy is coming from HQ first i.e. sincere desire on their part to align.
  • ·        I give her a place to go simultaneous with asking energy from her HQ to align with me
  • ·        Circle of energy from my intention to her HQ, over her topline and FQ and moving the energy back to me in alignment
  • ·        As soon as she aligns—I see energy from her HQ—let off Tm back into GM
  • ·        When she draw/aligns I want a smooth transition of energy back into the GM energy ribbon—slow my feet and melt smoothly. All of this process should be smooth, danced energy transitions on my part
  • ·        It helps in melting back into GM to give her room to come to a stop
  • ·        As we are moving in alignment, if she begins to tune out I can add a little energy ribbon out to the side directed at HQ.
  • ·        The purpose is only alignment and connection!
  • ·        We can test the alignment by backing more and turning into her etc.
  • ·        Also I can give her more room between us and see if she will put more energy into closing the gap and staying with me.
  • ·        SINCERE THOUGHT, DESIRE TO ALIGN—ENERGY COMES 1ST FROM HQ
  • ·        Stick to me/zone3—we would be one magnet—it is about our shared alignment and energy NOT about my Making her do something—shared leadership, maintain the strong energy connection
  • ·         









No comments:

Post a Comment