Tuesday, September 30, 2014

News

Rollover was crazy yesterday so much going on...

1. I spent much of the weekend watching video feed of Dressage at Devon show. Friday MH's Prix St. George was not on the feed--she got 68 and 9th/50. Saturday I got to watch MH--she and Richmond were great--again 68/9th/50. Sunday was the coolest--freestyle--MH got 5th and a score of 70. So interesting--I just could not watch riders/horses who were not a part of their music. Also some music seemed cobbled together with abrupt transitions, and tacky with vocals, etc. MH music was beautifully done but did not match Richmond in places as he has progressed so much this year. Great pirouettes and extended canter. He seemed a bit tired in places both days. They all got back to the barn from Pennsylvania at 4am!

2. As I drove into the barn I saw Try has a pasture mate!! Grey 3 y/o TB mare fresh off the track--very skinny and sweet. Try was very happy, up and distracted. I gave Try a lovely long grooming, casual ride in her pasture with the new mare and a long, lovely shower. The new mare and a grey gelding arrived ?? sometime over the weekend--their boarding facility in Williamston had a fire. The owner is Olivia ??--who has known BA for many years.

3. BA and Devon were champions both days at their hunter show over the weekend Thursday thru Sunday.

4. The ring: BA was busy leveling and then packing crush and run before screenings arrive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment