Possibly the best ride yet with Sephira. The first ride since the clinic, the first ride in the new dressage ring in the field and a weekend of watching Dressage at Devon show all led to more confidence on my part as well as more impulsion from Sephira.
What we did: groom, test responsiveness on the ground FQ--good, backup less so. Mount at picnic table (another first)--she wasn't really any different. Warmup with easy walk and trot. Walk for impulsion was great in the beginning but when I tried to add contact it all failed. Stopping at letters was good. I don't know how to cue her backup?? The trot was best good energy and better contact. Some extended trot and serpentines, leg yields and shoulder in. Then we rode the first intro test which was good until the last walk up the center line. Much more connected and relaxed when we finished than when we started.
Midway when big dump trucks rolled in and dumped dirt etc. I dismounted and we played with golden ribbon/see meTM cue--at first Sephira didn't get it but when she really did focus in on me with zone one we quit. (??something like the find my focus game??)
After Try and I "helped" BA fill a hole in the new ring and then played with GM/TM see me, align and got improvement in a bit of added energy in coming to me when I let more line out.
I would like next time to watch the FLOW of energy more.
No comments:
Post a Comment