1. The first segment of 13 minutes I was working hard as I didn't have spurs. I thought because of my energy level, that Sephira would pick up on that and we wouldn't have the issues with lack of impulsion. Wrong--guess she isn't that effected by the atmosphere--Try surely would have been. Also though I know Sephira knows well about rounding up--I haven't been doing this--I have really been riding here in a pre-hunter way. SO I was surprised that Denny asked for a head set as even though I know we can both do it I have hesitated to do so because of her baggage/history etc. She has been doing this for MH and Bethanna lately as they rode her while I was out of town etc. Anyway, in the Denny clinic Sephira was in and out of it--showing a lack of respect or a lack of leadership on my part. Each time I had something new to think about up came her head. Walk/trot--rounding up and impulsion. Also we did shoulder in and it was not crisp and clear like the next day when Bethanna rode Sephira. Another homework item. Also I don't look like a dressage rider--guess it is time to assess why.
There was one place in this section where things seemed to be coming together: trot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhiaPQwYhOw&feature=youtu.be
2. The next segment of 4+4+2 minutes included serpentines, leg yields and extended trot. Leg yields again could be more clear. Extended trot--we did extend some but I confused her with my aids and she also offered canter and passage. LOL The crowd watching got a kick out of that.
Section 2 - 4 minutes
http://youtu.be/poXjIgPGBt0
Extending trot - few seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShuZAB9cHg&list=UU-eu-CX2dh5WAjMzyVVHRsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoO_WWW0yQ0&feature=youtu.be
MORE: patterns: simple changes every # strides? Counter canter the serpentine. Serpentine with simple changes over the center line. Canter the diagonal and do turn on haunches in the corner.
Notes from talking with Kathy about Sunday:
1. spurs - YES LOL
2. contact - yes for language and leadership that Sephira needs--soon test self-carriage etc
3. Sephira - needs conditioning to be ready to help her maintain her balance and support herself.
4. lots of gait transitions good to build muscle, walking out in the field, trotting but not too much
5. boredom - patterns change it up like we do with Try
Try: remember the process--how choppy she was, now using her HQ and rounding up on her own, opened her mind to movement possibilities. 2.5 years. Kathy did not realize that she was bred as halter horse. Sephira of course is smoother than Try with swingy stride.





No comments:
Post a Comment