Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wednesday: I ride Try, BA rides Sephira

Try

  • I loved being with Try
  • Try has beautiful relaxed ground manners
  • Try was helpful--thinking how to be helpful!
  • We had a pleasant workout and review
  • Hard to imagine a more pleasant horse to be with
1. We didn't get to just play which was the agenda for the day
2.  Looking forward to dwell time/graze/not ride

for me: I remembered the relaxed posture here and there, I want to visualize more, I want to apply the checklist, I asked with confusion for leg yield and Try forgave me on the spot.

Sephira
  • BA said her trot has improved
  • Her grooming is good--getting dappled--but weight a bit much
  • She got a good workout
  • She was happy after
  • Girth issues
1. ?riding with contact??
2. fitness for upcoming clinic
These are BA's priorities not necessarily mine.

For me and Sephira:
  • Learning to use spurs to cue--avoid nagging and find self-carriage (some day she will be so willing and helpful I will not need spurs).
  • Quality of walk and trot
  • Canter--pick up on first ask and maintain gait
  • Move off my leg in zone 3--
  • bending from my body on circles, serpentines, in the corners
  • Ride on the big rail 
  • check girth issues
  • dance--soft eyes--have fun
  • leg wraps
Scale of training: rhythm, relaxation, connection (physical/mental), suppleness, straightness and lastly and not now collection
Try and I farther along as a partnership than Sephira and I. 
Building the kind of foundation together that will yield a happy willing horse.
Levels: training, first, second, third, 4th FEI: Prix St-George, Intermediate I and II, Grand Prix

No comments:

Post a Comment