- I have decided that I would like to rethink Soft Feel and Contact/Connection.
- Try seems to feel better and that there is no place to ride with ok footing. On Saturday we actually played with some on line cueing out on the county paved road as there is no where on the farm that is ok for riding or ground play and looks like that will continue for the next week with rain predicted most of the week.
- Enjoyed Friday morning spent digging through fall Dave Lichman video project. (I wanted to take his clinic in Asheville but had conflict.) I especially liked his boomerang idea for draw in figure 8. This relates well to my goal of energy variety for Try and I as his draw is a big trot/canter run-to-ya draw.
- Looking forward to doing a January wrap-up of accomplishments, learning and items to remain on todo/goals/priorities lists.
- Glad to be back thinking after the snow "coma."
- I am reminded that a BIG goal for myself right now is being effective in my horsemanship without an instructor being there telling me what to do step by step.
- For February I want to do a lesson with Kathy every other week with the in between weeks being application of 1-2 key points from that lesson. Hopefully lesson with Devon 1st week in February.
- MH--in Florida third week in Feb. 1st week in February--weather will prevent much of anything--perhaps MH lesson and or ride Try 2nd week and 4th week
- Advantages: I am a morning person with time to study. I have camera and can film myself
- I have a great new system for weekly goal setting and implementation. Note: what about my monthly goals??
- I don't want to go back to exercise dvd but I do want to?? Perhaps a combination of my stretching and strength building overall plus 20 minutes of the 60 minute dvd would be smarter. When I am out of shape I don't want to do it. When I am in shape, I love it.
- I plan today or tomorrow to go back through all my January notes but may decide not to set goals for the week until I talk to Dawn Tuesday--especially if I get some new perspective on riding with soft feel/contact/connection and feedback on cueing on the ground--if I can video before Tuesday. Yoyo, sideways, draw HQ, figure 8.
Below: perspective on goal setting: Two goals make it all the way across: my physical fitness, position and cueing from seat/core plus my desire for LBE big positive energy and awareness of negative self-talk and people/horse pleasing that prevents my being effective. I have noticed I keep getting ideas and transitioning with them rather than remaining with the original idea--is this a plus or a negative?
Also factors were January weather--rain/snow/cold plus Try's physical/mental health issues.
Also factors were January weather--rain/snow/cold plus Try's physical/mental health issues.

No comments:
Post a Comment