Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Alchemy of Lightness

Alchemy of Lightness

Kathy started reading this book and recommended it to me. I have it now and am slowly reading it as it takes time to absorb and reminisce as past experiences tie into it.

Some thoughts:

  • We are all energy that is connected--one-ness
  • I have felt degrees of one-ness
  • The more relaxed, un-tense, and in control of my energies--the better I can be for my horses.
  • I can use my energy in my horsemanship as they feel it so keenly
  • I realized in reading that when I see someone not doing well with an upset horse, I start unobtrusively  breathing and sending calming energy to the horse.
  • Are horses with "baggage" more sensitive and open similar to humans who have had some tragedy etc in their childhood being more sensitive to the feelings of others?
  • Using music to invoke being open--softening my boundaries and need to be in control and tamp down my excess energy. I have been playing music on the drive to the barn.
  • love and fear will not occupy the same space. I have lost sight of this. Things I fear--
    • non-Parelli clinics--being judged
    • being made fun of, disrespected for lack of traditional riding ability
    • very strong, controlling people
    • spending more $ than my social security income on horse stuff
  • heart rhythms of the horse can promote my well-being--especially Try--I really like to touch her when I am nervous--she isn't into that as much. LOL Kathy and Dan say pet myself instead of petting Try.
  • Past experiences
    • 1970: Love is letting go of Fear
    • 1980s: Attitude class I create my own reality
    • (Both based on A Course in Miracles)
    • I reviewed these and find I am a different person now and I like it.
  • When I am tired I am not open--even if I think I am--RBE isn't open either??
  • This oneness thing or good state of mind/energy/emotion--feeling that all is right with the world CANNOT be forced. I can't MAKE it happen
  • soft eyes
  • Much more....

No comments:

Post a Comment