Monday, May 12, 2014

Played with MMJ info from Saturday

Played with Try first
1. friendly BF first stick only, then with ribbon circles--no real reaction except the first touch with the ribbon, relaxed but not super relaxed/going to sleep
2. can I move Try with focus on stifle and ribbon Tiger mode? I brought my life up and looked at the stifle and she yielded HQ to me--before I could use the ribbon
3. I still don't know what MMJ said about how to tell the horse where you want him to go BUT brought a kids ball into area and pointed and she put her nose on it--no stick required
4. Catching Try's thoughts--backup--life up focus and back--stick/ribbon not needed.
I watched the video and I saw too much energy in my body even when I was trying to be so soft and relaxed. We did not look to be in sync. I worked on my energy in the drive to the barn and was feeling very positive. Perhaps if next time, I put together a track of music that will create the feeling I want and see if I see a different energy.



Then with Sefira
1. 10 minutes of dwell time in the "scarey" back paddock--she was confident, curious and friendly coming up and checking in with me--played some with mirroring--don't know if she felt it.
2. 9 minutes--BF Friendly: by the end she would accept on her left side being rubbed with the stick, ribbon circles not touching and finally touched with the ribbon DID NOT get to ribbon circles touching her before the deer flies attacked and we quit. Her reactions/opposition reflexes were at least only to move her feet a couple steps. She was not scared per se but wonder what she has experienced in the past with sticks/lunge whip etc. that she cared about the stick and ribbon.




No comments:

Post a Comment