Kathy's comment at facebook and my reply:
Had fun with Elizabeth Pope. Try wanted to hang out with
us and chill, but when we began to work, she rose to the occasion with energy.
To change up the lengthening the trot we asked for a very slow walk to an
energetic trot. We worked on getting Elizabeth relaxed and bending slightly
from the waist so she would remain following the motion of the trot as Try
lengthened stride and lifted into self carriage. We finished with elasticizing the trot so many trot strides lengthening and so many
strides back to some collection and out again varying the number of steps. We
are working on riding back to front and using visualization, energy &
intent; it was not about the reins. Try was so willing to be Elizabeth's
partner and went forward with joy.
Thanks for the wrap
up--always helpful to see your description. I am so pleased that with your help
Try and I are getting such lovely rhythm trotting and being able to ask for the
lengthening and shortening of stride with ever lighter cueing. Most
important--Try is having fun.
What we did
1. played with how slow we could walk and have a good rhythm from my visualization of the rhythm I wanted. Then alternated with moving out in the walk.
2. Lengthened trot--to assist me in not having my awkward moments of losing sync as we pick up power Kathy had me hold a piece of mane so I can remain forward in my body. This worked well. Part of me doesn't see why I should need this--I should anticipate and be with Try.
3. Then played with lengthening and shortening the trot. The long trot is easy for us to cue and Try loves it. It is harder for us to shorten: She understands from my seat/core cue to shorten/come up but is enthusiastic from the big lengthened trot and takes a bit to make the transition. Kathy suggested 1. to be very relaxed in the cue I give as phase one 2. Add letting go and "bouncing" on her back as a higher phase to cause her to care enough to begin thinking/transitioning sooner.
All in all Try was absolutely wonderful and I so enjoyed this session. Watch trot from last session for shoulders.
No comments:
Post a Comment