Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday is Try’s day


I woke up feeling bad about neglecting Try yesterday—I know she would have enjoyed getting out of her stall and doing something but I was too tired. So today all about Try and not Serafina.

Went to the back paddock just to see where we were—dwell time and Try was wary and not anxious to come to me. I messed around with seeing what she might offer in the way games with obstacles and kept a low energy—her choice. Touch it, roll the barrel, sidepass sorta the jump and sorta straddle the pole. Decided we needed more connection and took over the game with more energy. We explored from standing 6’ or so in front of Try that I prevent z1 from moving toward me with hand up like stop sign and then asking for HQ to bring Try’s side parallel to me and then sideways to me. This was not beautiful and impressive but certainly interesting. 

Try enjoyed being groomed a liberty--scratches and rubs in good places. We used western saddle and w/t/c in the ring. Pretty good for fitness. Canter rough but able to protect my back by standing in the stirrups. Try had TONS of energy—no one would ever think she was an introvert! Yeehaw—we just went with it.

Interesting though, I asked Try to stretch down in the trot and remembered to use my center and I swear she came up through her topline. I WANT video so I can be sure what I see matches what I feel. Also we peppered in a little soft feel (sliding reins) and she maintained rhythm and did not have any reaction. When I was sure there was no slack it went the best. We played with a few walk/trot transitions so I could concentrate on my form and relaxation also.


Finished with a big old full spa bath and treats. Not a magic day but a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment