Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday - Hot weather arrives - Lovely day with Try and Sephira

Try:

We rode

good stuff

  1. Was she ready for a conversation? yes
  2. We took our time and acknowledged the heat, rested in the shade.
  3. HQ yields were good on the ground and riding
  4. She offered vertical straddle of pole
  5. mount/dismount/bridling she was a great partner
  6. trot is returning to free and loose
priorities
  1. dealing with the heat
  2. vary how we play with HQ yields
  3. For me--review leg yields
Sephira:

We played out back--liberty and on line for the backup.

Good stuff
  1. Ready for Conversation
  2. Tons of draw
  3. GREAT curiosity
  4. Backing from the nose from phase 1 supported with driving
  5. She has figured out the bridge from Easter egg hunt to touch it.
Priorities
  1. no treats
  2. my confidence/fears
  3. RIDE
  4. awareness of phases in porcupine games
Comments on visualization, talking to Try and Sephira and affirmations--I prepared well. I thought I would be relaxed and really enjoy just hanging with Sephira but I was nervous. Try was absolutely not in the mood to do anything because of the heat so we played at it and were actually fairly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment