Monday, June 2, 2014

Thoughts from phone coaching with Marie last Wednesday

Hour coaching call with Marie to follow up and prepare for the next session.
1.      4 hour session and my endurance. OK more talking and breaks/dwell time. I should participate in ideas for topics to explore. Examples I can think of from the last session would be
a.      The catching games—I know 4—what are the merits of each?
b.      Many HQ/FQ flexibility exercises
c.      The concept of bridging from what Try or Sephira already know? Is it rude not to do this and expect them to figure out the known puzzle answer from really different cueing?
d.      4 hours with Marie is an incredible opportunity to—
                                                    i.     Brush up on Parelli learning
                                                   ii.     Be up to date on Parelli learning
                                                  iii.     Bring my learning up to L4 ways of doing things
                                                  iv.     Have better communication with Try—assumptions, sloppy, quit too soon?
                                                   v.     Try likes being particular if I can be clear. Solving puzzles makes her feel smart.
                                                  vi.     Try does not need to be retired—could become depressed over lack of mental stimulation. Marie and Joe: Joe still WANTS to play.
                                                vii.     We have had golden time together—this cannot be forced to continue—especially by not asking anything of Try on the ground—better to pepper in a bit of cleaning up/new learning/being particular in the midst of games we know and can do successfully. This way we can have the golden feeling of doing fun things together with no direct line/agenda—experiment and play, Jim Carrey—still doesn’t matter if we get anything or not—it’s still about the quality of the time together. Leaving on a good note.
2.      My LBI/RBE dichotomy—will I drive Marie crazy with this? Will it put road block between us? The whole analyzing/intellectual/list making/planning to the extreme vs the let loose/out there RBE stuff?
3.      Misc
a.      Drip it in early to give it time to percolate i.e. soft feel years before I use it, pepper it in, Drip it in to progress finesse until the horse is ready for it.
b.      Kathy lessons--both horses for 20 minutes each??
c.      Sephira and a freestyle plan??
d.      Intent vs agenda?
e.      Practicing with Try before exploring with Sephira
f.       Suppleness from HQ yield to relax rib cage—inside rein—partial disengagement
g.      When would I trust to ride Sephira in a hackamore?
h.      Transitions, dwell/lick and chew time/ giving both horses breaks during riding session

i.       SHORT sessions on the ground and in the saddle!! MH is great for this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment