I. Increase flexibility of HQ yields on the right side
1. I want to film a basic level 1 HQ yield
2.I want to vary what we have been doing and decided to pick wheelbarrow turns as its been a very long time since we have done them. Plan is to begin with on line driving with two 22' lines and review "go" and turning.
3. In the saddle: wheel barrow turn--possibly around cones to add a sense of direction.
4. Turn on the forehand?? or simple tea for two--VIDEO
5. Remember quality of the yield--smooth and relaxed.
What happened: On the ground--
1.I was confused as to whether the step was crossing over and relaxed enough in the #1 basic.
2. Wheelbarrow turns--we were getting some really big HQ yields--they did not feel overly emotional. Took a while to get it going as we haven't done zone 5 driving in several years. I do like the lighter 22' reins.
riding: I did get what I think are some good HQ steps on tape (49 seconds):
II. Freedom and joy for me--No progress this week--I needed a break from music. The pastures/fields are too muddy and slippery for riding. I have been sad that Dan Thompson is leaving. I did play early in the week with music and stick to me on the ground. I have video of playing with this late December:
Check menu at the right: "Videotape Try and I to music" stick-to-me/her video 4 minutes The goal is joy, syncing and also varying energies so as not to have all a monotone. Note: if I am not finding the joy right now, I could find music for the sorrow and ride/play/dance it with Try and that would fall into the freedom and letting go category.
III. Riding from seat cues.
1. Because Try knows them, the issue (Teach/Control/Reinforce/Refine) becomes
a. am I using my phases (eyes/bellybutton/leg/stick) or seat/leg/reins
b. If Try ignores a seat cue--stop and clean it up--rather than just go on and ignore it. cleaning up video:
c. Use a pattern: i.e. walk AtoX, halt, walktoC, pick up trot on the rail to A and 20 meter circle. CAN YOU?
video
IV. and V.
Comfort zone for Try and I. Be aware and release feelings of having to please Try (not the same as being pleased WITH Try LOL). Try can just do a bit more than she wants and get over it. The other side of this is my being respectful of Try--when she has it--quit, reward and/or progress it.
The something new/progressed: straddle the pole vertically from zone 1 not zone 3 and from a greater distance. This was the second day--why didn't she just do it without my asking--I guess that is her very strong need to retain some control. I am not repeating this until I have a better plan for effectiveness.
Video (45 seconds):
All in all:
My luck score may have gone down last week with Dan leaving but a friend is offering me a free lease on a super cool LBE pony that I have always wanted to play with so I am still lucky.
Also issues coming up this week are phasing to be effective and not being afraid to use them, the monotone and wanting to establish who I am and what I can do in a new way. RBE lack of confidence holds me back.
No comments:
Post a Comment